How do I prepare for my Initial Health Assessment?
After you have booked, you will receive an email with a link to a health questionnaire. You need to fill this in online before the consultation so our practitioners have the information they need to make the most out of the consultation. Your confirmation email will include a link to join the consultation.
What happens during my consultation?
During your consultation the nutritionist will:
- establish your goals
- assess current/past health related symptoms/conditions
- address any factors that may be associated with your health issues
- review your questionnaire
- chat to you
We will always listen to you and your concerns.
- If required, we will prescribe professional nutritional supplements (practitioner only) during these consultations to treat any deficiencies or other health issues identified.
- We will also provide a referral for pathology tests, a letter to GP or referral to other health practitioners as needed.
- And if you haven’t already booked in your follow-up, (which is included in this package), we’ll do that too.
Can I do my assessment online?
Yes, you can. All Informed Health consultations are conducted via telehealth video so you can do them in the comfort of your own home.
What happens after my initial consultation?
We will spend time researching and writing your treatment plan. It will include nutritional and lifestyle recommendations, and may also include a personalised prescription for supplements. This may be to:
- treat nutritional deficiencies, which often occur when taking prescription medications.
- support energy, health or healing in another way.
If we do prescribe supplements,the prescription will be made available online through a service called Vital.ly. We are qualified and experienced in appropriately and safely prescribing these supplements.
We will then email your treatment plan to you and send a bound version by Express Post along with our Recipe and Wellbeing Guide.
Initial follow-up consultation
At this consultation, we can answer any questions you have about your treatment plan. We will also make recommendations on options for follow-up consultations so we can review your treatment.
Will I need more follow-up consultations?
That’s up to you. However, most people have at least one more follow-up consultation. It allows us to offer support, see how your treatment is going, answer more questions you may have and adjust your treatment to ensure you get results. It also keeps you accountable.
We will talk to you about your options and what may work best for you in terms of ongoing/follow-up consultations.
You can choose to do casual 30-minute or 60-minute consultations at times that suit you. The first follow-up should be no more than 4 weeks from the beginning of your treatment so we can ensure you are getting results.
Some people are suited to more structured and ongoing consultations to ensure they get plenty of support and accountability. To achieve the best results, we recommend Your Ultimate Wellbeing Program, our signature program. The average treatment time is 3-6 months, depending on your goals and requirements.
More detail of what to expect when you choose the Initial Health Assessment
We’ll talk to you about your health goals, and ensure we have an extensive case history of every system of the body to find out what initially caused the imbalance that lead to a decline in health. We are looking at clinical signs of nutritional deficiencies, oxidative stress and inflammation.
We may recommend specific nutrient supplementation during the first or later consultations. This is tailored to your needs for:
- correcting your metabolism
- improving energy
- repairing the digestive system
- providing increased absorption of essential nutrients from the diet.
This is a very important part of the treatment. Without excellent nutrient absorption, the immune system suffers, and energy is depleted. This can cause blood sugar levels to go on a roller-coaster ride and cause more fatigue and sugar cravings which only encourages further poor dietary habits.
Interestingly, clients say we are the first health practitioners who have taken the time to explain their health condition to them properly, even though they have been to many health professionals.
At Informed Health, we listen to you, and provide specific advice that will create permanent and positive life changes in your life. When you understand your health conditions, you will understand how to manage and resolve them. It’s about giving you control of your life again so you can actively take responsibility for your health.
We can help you with:
- identifying food sensitivities and helping you to adapt your diet accordingly
- coeliac disease and lactose intolerance helping you to adapt your diet accordingly and heal your gut
- weight with Your Ultimate Wellbeing Program
- irritable bowel syndrome, reflux and other digestive issues
- anxiety and depression
- stress management and nervous system support
- low energy and chronic fatigue syndrome
- liver support: including reversing fatty liver
- cholesterol management
- management and prevention of diabetes
“The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition.” –