Fiona Kane – Nutritionist, Holistic Counsellor, Speaker & Writer
Fiona appears regularly in the media talking health and nutrition, appearing on Ticker TV, 2GB 873 News Talk, Triple M, ABC Radio and 6PR News Talk as a Media Stable expert (an online directory for Australian experts used by Australia’s leading media). For more media information and to watch/listen to those interviews click here.
- 2017 Winner of Business Woman of the Year – Altitude Awards
- 2017 Bronze Winner in the Business xCellence Awards – BxNetworking for Business
- 2018 Finalist in the Through the Woods Award at the Altitude Awards
- 2018 Finalist in the Penrith Local Business Awards in the Health Services and Business Person of the Year category
- 2018 Winner in the Health Services Category in the Business xCellence Awards
- 2019 Finalist in the Penrith Local Business Awards in the Health Services Category and in 2019 Fiona in Business Person of the Year Category
- 2019 Finalist in the Altitude Awards Through the Woods Category
- 2019 Finalist in the Health Services category of the Business xCellence Awards
- 2020 Finalist in the Penrith Local Business Awards in the Health Services Category
Fiona discovered that nutritional medicine and natural therapies was the key to good health after several years of serious health problems where she was diagnosed with two auto immune diseases and had small strokes that resulted in brain damage including partial blindness. It didn’t take long to discover that everything that she had been taught about nutrition was wrong!
Not knowing what to believe, Fiona studied nutritional medicine to learn how to heal herself; realising that knowledge is power and you can’t believe everything you are taught about nutrition by people who are sponsored by food companies!
Very proud to call herself Nutritional Medicine Practitioner; she has her own unique style with clients naturally moving between nutrition, counselling and coaching as required.
Having experienced significant health issues and weight issues in the past, Fiona relates to the shame, fear and humiliation that people having health or weight challenges may be feeling. Knowledgeable on the science of hormones, hunger etc along with an excellent understanding of emotional eating and negative self talk and the powerful language we use about food and how all of these things combined can effect your results and ability to succeed in your health goals.
Along with her professional speaking career, media work and presenting online programs; Fiona is also available for individual consultations via Telehealth video consultation, you can book here.
Fiona is also proud to be a That Sugar Movement Ambassador. That Sugar Movement Ambassadors are passionate individuals who recognise the impact of diet on health and care deeply about sharing the key messages of That Sugar Film (now That Sugar Movement) far and wide around Australia and New Zealand. Fiona speaks at events for That Sugar Workplace Wellbeing and also volunteers her time speaking, mentoring and coaching in other community projects with Panthers on the Prowl, Women with Altitude, YMCA, Community Junction Inc, Nova Employment and the Max Potential program.
- Advanced Diploma of Nutritional Medicine
- Diploma of Holistic Counselling and Life Care
- Certificate in Transformational Life Coaching
- Currently doing Mind Body Eating Coach Certification Training through the Institute for the Psychology of Eating, Colorado
Fiona also has certificates in: Celloids, Bach Flowers, Australian Bush Flowers and Reiki 1, 2 & 3A.
You may like to read Fiona’s health story.
Rebecca Varcoe – Nutritionist and Healthy Food Expert
Rebecca Varcoe is a Nutritionist and Healthy Food Expert at Informed Health, holding a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Food.
This study has given Rebecca sound understanding in human physiology, biochemistry, nutrition, food and health.
Rebecca is registered with International Institute for Complementary Therapists (IICT), a peak professional body for the natural health industry.
Rebecca has had broad experience and is in her eighth year as a Nutritionist at Informed Health (following her student clinic hours at Informed Health) and she thrives on seeing her clients get back on track with their health and achieve their ultimate wellbeing. Some other relevant experience includes:
- Five years experience in the fitness industry, previously the head of food coaching at Fernwood Fitness in Penrith
- Regular nutrition and health talks at Fernwood, (running many challenges), Atmosphere Health and Fitness Club and various gyms and community groups
- Consulting work for Nutrition Station helping with their menu
At Informed Health, Rebecca is a major contributor including:
- Books we create including our Ultimate Wellbeing Guide, Recipe Guide, e-books and newsletters
- Recipes and meal plans
- Co-author of many e-books created for Atmosphere Health and Fitness Club Gym and provides regular recipes for their members
- Co-creator of all of our programs.
- Our in house encyclopedia on vegetables, as throughout school and university, having worked at her local fruit and vegetable store, gaining an interest and love in seasonal fresh food and learning how to store and cook almost every vegetable.
- Loves getting her clients excited about food again! “Eating shouldn’t be an inconvenience, it should be a chance to nourish your body, to support your energy, elevate your mood and improve your overall health”. Rebecca is empathetic and listens to her client’s health concerns. She gives her clients the tools to achieve their goals and enhance their wellbeing for long term success, not just a quick fix.
Rebecca believes that the core of your overall health lies in the digestive system and loves helping her clients optimise their digestion so that they can be break free from digestive discomfort and move forward with their lives. Describing herself as a real “foodie”, she loves cooking from scratch, experimenting with different flavours and inspiring her clients with her unique food creations.
Rebecca is a mother to Penelope Rose and has true passion for health and nutrition; creating optimum wellbeing for herself, family and for her clients.
- 2018 Winner Emerging Leader, Employee of the Year Award in the Altitude Awards
- 2019 Finalist for the Emerging Leader, Employee of the Year Award in the Altitude Awards
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition
Informed Health was a natural choice when it came to a name for this business. As Maya Angelou always said “do the best you can until you know better, then when you know better, do better”.
Our goal is not only to teach you a different way of eating, (getting back to real food) but also a different way of thinking about food, your body and mind. Cultures who are exceptionally healthy, well into their old age; not only eat well, they are also part of a community, they connect with each other slowly preparing healthy fresh food and eating it whilst chatting and laughing together. Movement is part of their daily life, and they live a very low stress life.
At Informed Health, we want you to learn about healthy food, create healthy habits, re-connect with yourself, your partner, family and friends. You will learn to listen to your body, nurture yourself, learn to manage your energy and stress. Nutrition, sleep and movement are foundations to good health, this is important along with so much more to regain or maintain your health. It’s your turn!