Workplace Health and Wellbeing
Australians spend about one third of their lives at work, so what they do at work to maintain their health is a major influence on overall health and risk of developing lifestyle-related chronic disease such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
Organisations that promote health and wellness are more likely to retain staff within 12 months.1
A healthy worker is good for business
According to Get Healthy at Work, In the short-term, you'll be able to recognise a successful workplace health program by the way your team:
- Works together
- Engages in their jobs
- Enjoys their work
In the long-term, a successful workplace health program may influence the performance of your workplace through:
- Gains in staff attraction and retention
- Improved productivity
- Enhanced corporate image
- Reductions in absenteeism
Of course we all know that a healthy worker is a safe worker
If safety is a particular concern at your workplace then ensuring your workers are healthy is vital. There is a growing recognition that healthy workers are safe workers.
Healthy workers are:
- More aware and alert
- More resilient against illness
A workplace health savings calculator is available on the Get Healthy at Work page here.
How can we help your business?
We can come to your business and teach your staff about their body and choices they can make to improve their health. Fiona is uniquely qualified in Nutrition, Counselling and Coaching which gives a broad range of health related topics that she can present. Fiona is also very relatable and very passionate and "excitable" during her talks, preferring to have a bit of fun during presentations to keep everyone awake and interested on what could otherwise be "dry" topics. She does not believe in "preaching at" people preferring to inspire them to make the changes that are right for them.
Some of the topics that are popular include:
- Sugar, how much is too much?
- Stress, how it is affecting your health and what to do about it
- Relationships and working together with others.
- Healthy eating - how to eat to be Energised and Healthy.
- Maintaining Energy throughout the day
- Sleep Health.
- How to eat for Brain Health.
- Fatty Liver, what causes it and how to avoid/correct it.
- Cholesterol, what you need to know.
- Diabetes - how to prevent Type 2 Diabetes and manage blood sugar levels.
- Healthy Weight Loss.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Food Sensitivities, Funny Tummy.
- Or topic of your choice.
Fiona Kane is an award winning Nutritionist, Holistic Counsellor, Life Coach, Podcaster, Speaker and the founder/Managing Director of the Informed Health Nutritional Wellbeing Centre. Appearing regularly on radio discussing nutrition and health, most recently appearing on Triple M, Talking Lifestyle, 2GB 873 News Talk, 6PR, LAFM and 2CC . Fiona is also proudly a That Sugar Movement Ambassador.
Fiona holds an Advanced Diploma of Nutritional Medicine, Diploma in Holistic Counselling and Life Care and Certificate in Transformational Life Coaching.
After experiencing major health issues in her 20s, Fiona studied nutritional medicine and counselling to learn how to heal herself. Now Fiona shares her message of listening to your body and the importance of self-care including a healthy diet.
We create our talks and packages to individually suit your business or school. Contact us to get a quote for your business.
1. Health and Productivity Institute of Australia, Best Practice Guidelines - Workplace Health in Australia. 2010, Australian Health and Productivity Management Congress: Sydney, Australia.